Employers and the Evolve Advantage
is the answer to employers rising deductibles and healthcare premiums.
Evolve Medical is a Direct Primary Care, which has a proven track record of lowering employers’ healthcare cost (by 15-40%), improving employee access and providing superior medical care.
Employees are rewarded with a valued benefit: highly personalized concierge-level service, superior providers and unprecedented access and convenience.
Employers are rewarded with increased productivity, higher job satisfaction, and improved retention.
How do Employers Save 15-40% of Healthcare Spend?
- Enhanced and increased access to primary and urgent care services.
- Evolve provides ALL of your employees primary care and urgent care.
- Emphasis on wellness and keeping employees healthy.
- Cap on primary care costs.
- Decreased number of hospitalizations (35% less)
- Decreased number of days in hospital (43% less)
- Decrease in advanced radiology testing (63% less)
- Decrease in surgeries (82% fewer)
- Decreased ER visits (65% less)
- Decreased specialty visits (66% less)
Employers see these additional benefits:
- Increase productivity
- Reduce absenteeism
- Reduce Workmans Comp
- Improved employee retention and morale
- Recruiting tool for new hires
No matter the size of your organization, Evolve Medical is the right choice for your employees — and your bottom line.
- Telemedicine benefit
- Wellness Program
- Unprecedented access to primary and urgent care
- Superior concierge-level providers focus on your employees’ health and wellbeing
- Dramatically improved employee job satisfaction and retention
- Urgent and Primary care offered in person or via telemedicine
- No primary or urgent care co-insurance or deductibles.
- No restrictions based on age or pre-existing conditions
- Coordination with your other benefit offerings
- Specific healthcare utilization, costs and population health outcomes reporting accessible on-line
Your Employee’s Experience
- Extended weekday and weekend access
- Same or next-day appointments for urgent care
- 30-60 minute office visits
- Telemedicine or in-person visits
- After hours phone or virtual access to a provider for urgent medical needs
- Blood drawn onsite at no additional charge
- Significantly reduced cost of labs and radiology
- Phones answered live
- Employees have easy, simple access to their provider (phone/email/text)
- Minimizes out-of-pocket spend prior to deductible
Evolve is excited to offer 2 Employer solutions:
Evolve Medical as Urgent Care (or as needed care) only:
- Employer can notify Evolve of impending patient visit via email, text or phone.
- Employees are guaranteed a same-day visit
- Employees are guaranteed wait time of less than 30 minutes.
- Employees will be treated with the highest level of respect and receive highest level of medical care.
- Employer directly links a bank account or credit card to facilitate, as needed, on-demand payment.
- Itemized invoice sent to employer after each visit
- Telemedicine option not available
- Longitudinal healthcare not available
Evolve Medical as Primary Care:
- Employer can enroll patients in Evolve’s Primary Care model. Call for details! Or email us.
- Discounted rate for 20 or more employees is 5% monthly cost.
- Discounted rate for 100 or more employees is 10% monthly cost.
More information about Direct Primary Care can be found through the Direct Primary Care Coalition located in Washington, DC. Dr. Freedman is proud to serve on the National Steering Committee.
Frequently Asked Questions for Employers
Q: Is this similar to an on-site or near-site clinic?
A: Evolve Medical Clinics can be installed within your facility, depending on your employee base. For employers any size, Evolve acts as the equivalent of a near-site clinic.
Q: What is the advantage of Evolve over a Telemedicine benefit offering?
A: Telemedicine can handle up to 85% of routine urgent care. For those 15%, they are told to find an urgent care and start over–which employees find very frustrating. With Evolve, we can see your employee to follow up the virtual visit with any necessary testing–they will not need to start over. Further, telemedicine plans do not offer routine primary care via virtual visit–Evolve does.
Q: Are family members eligible?
A: Yes. Spouses, domestic partners and other family members are welcomed. Children ages 6-25 years of age receive a free membership with each parent enrolled.
Q: Is Evolve Medical Clinics an insurance plan?
A: No. We work directly with our patients to provide primary and preventive care services. We do not provide specialist, hospital or emergency care, but can refer patients to providers within their plan network.
Q: Does Evolve Medical pair with insurance plans?
A: Yes. We can vertically integrate with your current benefits packages. Most employers can expect to save 10-40% on their insurance premiums once Evolve is incorporated into their benefits plan.
Q: Do you work with insurance brokers?
A: Evolve has the area’s top insurance architects/brokers available to help you build a benefit offering that saves money and offers your employees a significant perk. Evolve is also happy to work directly with your broker.
Q: How do you help save the employer and the employees financially?
A: Our model of care, Direct Primary Care (DPC) has been proven to dramatically lower healthcare utilization by decreasing ER visits, nearly eliminating urgent care visits, lowering referrals for Radiology and Specialists and decreased surgery and hospitalizations.
Q: Can you help our employees lower their prescription costs?
A: We act as advocates and actively search out not only the least expensive prescription but also the least expensive pharmacy. We even take that a step further and find your employees substantial discounts which can dramatically lower medication costs.
Q: Employees often don’t want to change their Primary Care provider. Do they have to?
A: Absolutely not. They can use Evolve for urgent care or routine prescriptions. Our experience is that after one or two visits within a clean, spa-like facility, no waiting, easy same-day appointments and our compassionate, attentive providers who communicate clearly with patients, they electively switch their primary care to us 85% of the time.
Q: Is Specialty care outside of Evolve Medical Clinics covered?
A: When patients’ health care needs extend beyond the scope of primary care or urgent care, our clinicians will work with outside specialists, pharmacies and hospitals to coordinate care. We work to provide referrals to the top area specialists within your planned network.
Q: How does Evolve handle labs?
A: Evolve Medical will draw your employee’s labs at the time of their visit. Or they can return anytime, without an appointment, to have their labs drawn, free of charge. Evolve is able to extend a very substantially reduced fee for lab services. For instances, a “CBC” or complete blood count, is only $6. Complete blood chemistry analysis is $8. Urine analysis is free and included.
Q: What about radiology services?
A: Evolve Medical has worked out discounts at a number of major radiology service providers. Referrals can be either through your employees’ insurance plan or an Employer (or employee) may opt to obtain radiology services through Evolve’s discounted plan. For exam, an MRI normally priced $1,000 is available for only $400, thereby helping reduce pre-deductible spend and/or total healthcare spend for employers.
Q: When does open enrollment begin?
A: Evolve accepts new patients 365 days per year.
“Smart CEOs of companies are recognizing that there’s no insurance-based, insurance-centric solution for their healthcare problem,” Blanchard says. “Their problem is they’re footing the bill, in large part, for health care for their employees, but they have no control over its quality or delivery.”
DPC for County Employees in North Carolina studied: “In the first year, 44 percent of the county’s employees went with DPC—and to good effect, according to an analysis by the John Locke Foundation, a North Carolina research organization. As a group, the employees who used DPC incurred 23 percent less in medical expenses and 36 percent less in prescription expenses than their peers in the traditional health plan.”
- Business Insider, June 2018:https://www.businessinsider.com/how-employers-could-use-direct-primary-care-2018-3
- Employee Benefit Adviser, Dec 2017: https://www.employeebenefitadviser.com/opinion/why-benefit-advisers-should-consider-direct-primary-care-for-clients
“Paired with a reference-based pricing health plan for catastrophic care, the employer will gain control of their healthcare spend and improve the quality of care for employees.”
- The below information is from CWANJ (Communications Workers of America Union, New Jersey) describing their State Health Benefits Plan in 2018: http://cwanj.org/shbp2018/
BETTER CARE AT NO COST WITH DIRECT PRIMARY CARE
The Direct Primary Care Medical Home (DPCMH) pilot project is a concierge-like healthcare plan that was designed by CWA and the other unions’ representatives. The DPCMH is an add-on to any of the NJ Direct or tiered network plans, that you can join anytime during the year and that you can have AT NO CHARGE. If you select one of the pilot medical practices, where the doctors are being paid a SALARY, instead of being paid more based upon the more patients that they see, you will pay absolutely NO COPAYS no matter how many times you see the doctor. It provides:
- Unlimited access to a personal physician for members and their families.
- Same-day and next-day appointments
- Evening and weekend hours
- Longer appointments
- Little to no time in the waiting room
- Access to the doctor via cell phone, e-mail, and digital messaging
- On-site lab draws at no cost.
- On-site dispensing of a 7-day supply of medications for acute conditions at no additional cost to you
- On-site immunizations at no cost.
- Some practices provide complete family care for children and parents at the same office.