Medical Marijuana Certification
at Evolve Direct Primary Care.
We provide annual certification for our members at no additional cost.
We believe medical marijuana is a safe and effective.
It is often a better choice for treating chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia and other conditions when compared with traditional medications.
FAQs for medical marijuana certification:
Who is eligible to register as a Patient?
Any Maryland resident whose provider recommends medical cannabis as a treatment option for a qualifying medical condition is eligible to register as a patient.
What are the qualifying medical conditions?
- Wasting syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Other chronic medical condition which is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective.
Can Non-Maryland Residents qualify?
Yes. A non-resident may register as a patient if the individual:
- Is physically in the state of Maryland
- Is admitted to a joint commission accredited medical facility
- Will be dispensed medical cannabis at the medical facility during an inpatient stay and
- Will complete the treatment prior to release
Can someone younger than 18 years old apply?
Yes. The individual must also have a caregiver who is a parent or legal guardian.
Steps to apply for medical cannabis (marijuana) certification:
Applicant must be 18 years or older
Applicant must provide a copy of a valid US government-issued ID
Applicant must provide proof of Maryland address
Applicant must provide an electronic copy of a clear photograph taken within the last 6 months
Once you have received your registration, simply contact your provider here at Evolve Direct Primary Care, and we will be happy to help you finish the certification process.
We strongly encourage all applicants to discuss whether or not medical marijuana or cannabis is right for you, prior to the applying.